So over spring break we decided to go 4-wheeling with Grandpa Nye and our neighbors to 5-Mile which is just west of Lehi. It was a cloudy and windy day so I didn't even think to put sunscreen on the kids. The other three did just fine but as we were leaving we looked at our fair-skinned little Austin and he was getting pinker and pinker as the time went by. We knew he was going to be pretty burned but I had no idea it was going to be like this. He woke up the next morning and he was swollen under his eyes so much that he didn't look like our baby. When he's smile his eyes would disappear! I started to cry when I saw him but everybody else thought it was funny. He even got blisters on his nose that he would pop by kind of pinching his nose and then they scabbed over. I felt like the worst mother ever and even told Curt when he took these pictures, "Why are you going to document how bad of a mother I am?" He still just laughed and said it was funny. Now that it's over I can laugh at it, too but it still tugs at my heart to think we forgot the sunscreen.
I thought that after going through this we would have learned our lesson but last Saturday Curt took him outside while he mowed that lawn and when I got him up from his nap he was red again on his face and his arms. He was only out from like 10:00 to 11:30. Who would have thought that he would have gotten burned at that time. It wasn't as bad as last time, thank goodness. So apparently we didn't learn our lesson but I'm hoping we have now. I guess we will see.
1 comment:
This is so sad! He is one tough kid. Can't wait to see pictures from your latest trip!
Post a Comment